Starwood Preferred Guest recently announced a new program called Crossover Rewards that rewards people that stay at Starwood properties and fly Delta with elite status that “crosses over” between the two programs. Since I am a newly qualified Platinum Starwood member, I was anxious to see how it worked.
If you have Gold or Platinum Status with Starwood you now receive:
- One Starpoint for every dollar spent on eligible Delta flights
- Priority Check-in on Delta Flights
- Priority Boarding on Delta Flights
- First Checked Bag Free on Delta Flights
If you have Diamond, Platinum, Gold or Silver Medallion status with Delta you now receive:
- 1 mile for every dollar spent on eligible room rates
If Diamond or Platinum Medallion status with Delta you additionally get:
- 4 PM Late Checkout
- Elite Check in at Starwood properties
- Complimentary in-room internet access
- Upgrade to an enhanced room at check in when available.
This is on top of whatever Starpoints or Skymiles you would have normally received! Any time they add new benefits for free I am a fan and in this case, it might make me book a flight or two with Delta since it will give me extra Starpoints. To sign up, just click on this link, log into your SPG account then enter your Delta Skymiles number and then you are all set to get extra miles and points!